Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201289

Hi there, I have just bought a 2004 TF, 75K, FSH. I bought privately online, and therefore unseen as seller was many miles away. Yes, risky I know. All seems fine except when the ignition is turned on, no oil pressure light. I bought the car at a pretty reasonable price so don’t mind doing a bit of work if required. Many thanks in advance for your sage like advice!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201292

Is the wire plugged onto the sender switch? Check the light bulb in the instrument cluster.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim479

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201295

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201319

If you earth the wire (ignition on) from the pressure sensor the oil light should come on, if it does then the sensor is duff, if it doesn't then it's the bulb (easy) or a wiring prob (!!!!). There are 2 sensors on the oil filter housing make sure you earth the correct one, the picture should help. Peter

Attachments:

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201338

Did you get this resolved, it is always good for us to know that a problem is sorted & what the root causes was. Information like this helps other members.

No oil pressure light? 1 year 1 month ago #201417

Thanks all, turned out to be a faulty pressure switch, disaster averted. Thanks to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT