Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197918

Hi,

Does anyone have any views on or experience of fitting a full set of silicone hoses to their TF?

I have seen a full kit from Stoney Racing that looks good but any recommendations?

L.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197920

Hi, I know an owner of a lovely MGF who fitted a full set of silicone hoses which he obtained from Roose Motorsport, he said the are good but not cheap. that was around 5 years ago. and no problems since. his name is Denys Hart but he is not a T Bar member

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197923

If replacing the rubber hose with silicone which is the best fastening clips to use

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197924

Hi,
I had emailed Roose motorsport last year about their silicon hoses. They said their hoses were no longer oat resistant as the base product to manufacture those had become to expensive. Probably best to email them to check before buying. Best wishes Simon

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197925

Cheers for that. Bit of a chocolate fireguard if the hoses don't cope with the recommended coolant !!

Silicone coolant hoses 2 years 4 months ago #197932

If replacing the rubber hose with silicone which is the best fastening clips to use

Jubilee clips are easy but the edges are quite sharp and can cut in to the hoses. The O/E clips are designed for ease of fitting to improve manufacturing efficiency. IMHO the best option are sprung hose clips. IIRC Roose supply such fittings.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT