Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Oil filling 2 years 4 months ago #197775

Afternoon everyone...

Finally have my spares on the way thanks to the lovely chaps at MGRDS...

But I have a question... :-?

The TF has a remote oil filler, but when you remove the engine cover, the original is visible... I've read that the remote can take a long time to fill from, since I'll have everything accessible for changing the HG, is there anything wrong with using the main filler to fill the oil?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oil filling 2 years 4 months ago #197776

Hi Andy,
The engine original filler is the easiest and quickest way to fill the engine with oil, but you have to remove the engine cover. The remote filler is really for topping up but there is no reason for not using it for an oil change just takes longer for the oil to filter through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

Oil filling 2 years 4 months ago #197778

There is an easier way, if you have small hands, remove the grill above the expansion tank, then you can slide your hand in and unscrew the filler cap on the cam cover. Next 1 metre length of garden hose pipe, push a small plastic funnel in the end, use a a small length of wire to hook through the eyelet on the funnel and then hook the other end through the bracing under the boot lid.
If you top it up the night before you use it, it will give all the oil time to drain out of the pipe and cuts the mess down when you put it back in the carrier bag.
That's how i do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

Oil filling 2 years 4 months ago #197782

thanks guys... that's what I suspected but just wanted to be sure...

Measure twice, cut once! :slapme:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT