Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9778

went for a drive today, not a commute to work or a trip to the shops, just a sports car type drive. i didnt bounce off the red line, i didnt have to brake late for the speed cameras and i didnt overtake any law abiding motorists. :whistle:
we went from 0 to what ever the speed limit was in the blink of an eye, took corners at a breath taking (but legal) pace, and powered out of them. moodie felt like she was glued to the road.
im still smiling now.
just thought id share :grouphug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9781

lmao love it (y) as you may of herd me Phil-Hex and CJJ enjoyed a similar very legal drive on saturday afternoon.. top down of course (well not clive) big smiles all round
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9787

Just proves you don't need to drive like you stole it to enjoy a nice run out.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9792

Lucky you!
It's snowing again here:rolleyes2:
David
:shrug:

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9795

Lucky you!
It's snowing again here:rolleyes2:

At least you can get out and about now ;)

I was going to take the F to work yesterday, but decided to take the hire car VW Tiguan TDi 4motion (discovery in for assessment) just as well as 25 miles in towards work it was snow! The last 10 miles being manic and very slippery with major 'A' roads closed and cars left by the roadside.

Glad the little thing was left up the drive now. :yesnod:

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9796

At least you can get out and about now ;)

I was going to take the F to work yesterday, but decided to take the hire car VW Tiguan TDi 4motion (discovery in for assessment) just as well as 25 miles in towards work it was snow! The last 10 miles being manic and very slippery with major 'A' roads closed and cars left by the roadside.

Glad the little thing was left up the drive now. :yesnod:

O, yes. We boldly go where no one has gone before...boldly!
These winter tyres are a Godsend:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9865

Just proves you don't need to drive like you stole it to enjoy a nice run out.

yes it was all legal - those speed signs are advisories right.:whistle: its just the cameras that are compulsory:dc:

i didnt do that 14 years 3 months ago #9885

yes it was all legal - those speed signs are advisories right.:whistle: its just the cameras that are compulsory:dc:

The ones that bug me are the mobile speed signs...........................you know, the ones attached to the rear of a van with top rear windows flipped up!

My daughter, who was driving her newly purchased 'vintage' GTi Scirocco back from Brighton failed to notice one parked up after the Lewes tunnel. I told her watch your speed as you don't know the car yet..................."did you not see that van?" "what van?" she said. :shake:

Hopefully she scrubbed off some speed as I could see +80 at one point, maybe they thought that old thing can't be that quick!

S'funny, rest of the journey home was quite sedate................I never said a word! :whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT