Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197327

Hi all,

Just had a development in my 'new' tf. at slower speeds when I turn right I am getting a repetative scraping noise timed with the wheel rotation. I think its rear but could be front.

It has new disks and pads (by last owner). I had both wheels off but cannot see anything like a shield or teh like interfering with the disk.

I would expect a wheel bearing to be more constant and a CV to be more clonky.

Any ideas? seem to be louder freewheeling and less under loadthat poss leads to more driveshaft related issue.

Leigh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197329

Could be the rear calliper has seized and the pads are rubbing on the disc, this can happen if the car is left for long periods with the handbrake on. the rear callipers are notorious for seizing on the 'TF' & 'F' jack the car up and see how easily the rear wheel turns with the handbrake off??

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197330

The rear was noticeably stiffer than the front. What is the best unseizing strategy? Not tinkered with one of these before. I'll have a flick in the how to as well to see if anythiing there.

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197331

Just read through a few how to's on the AP calipers. Am i right in thinking these calipers you can press the pistons in and dont need a tool to wind them in?

L

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197332

Yes, there is something in the ''how to'' guides about the handbrake on the rear callipers , another thing is the clevis pins that seize in the yokes i freed mine with Plusgas and working back and forth only to find out that Mike Satur does these complete with 'R' clip in Stainless Steel for £5 so i bought some but still have to fit them -

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197333

YES, the pistons on the AP's just push back but the rear callipers ideally need a wind back too to wind in the pistons,. or you can use pointed nose pliers or the 'C' spanner from a disc grinder

scraping from left when turning right. 2 years 6 months ago #197334

Going ''off line'' now need to eat !!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT