Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF Rear Suspension Issue 3 years 6 months ago #194303

• g4wam's Avatar Topic Author
  • g4wam
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I am looking for any ideas on the following self inflicted problem.

I made a mistake of driving down a farm track , couldn't get far down and had to reverse back up to the main road. Unfortunately I didn't notice a large crater at the end of the farm tack where it joined the road and my rear offside wheel fell into it and made a loud noise, Since then I get a horrible creaking noise when I reverse while braking ( suspension dipping) . I jacked up the rear to investigate and removed the rear wheels and put another jack under the rear offside hub area and raised the suspension and it creaks quite loudly on dropping down .Tried the same on the rear n/s and it is creak free. The noise appears to come from above the lower suspension area.
any ideas welcome

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF Rear Suspension Issue 3 years 6 months ago #194317

The last time I hit a deep pot hole I snapped the lower shock mount bolt! The shock took out the CV boot! I then discovered there is an uprated bolt.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

TF Rear Suspension Issue 3 years 6 months ago #194322

• g4wam
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I will let you know what I find when I remove the damper/spring assy -interesting about the damper bolt snapping though.

Broken springs don't seem to trouble TF/s , which is why I not expecting to find one broken.

Mike

TF Rear Suspension Issue 3 years 6 months ago #194329

• g4wam
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Talking Cars

just by accident whilst releasing the tension of the lower damper bolt I found that the nasty squeak goes away when I bounce the rear of the car , the squeak returns if I torque up the bolt again.

I have ordered up new bolts to see what happens when the bolt is replaced and tightened

Mike

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT