Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192583

Hello all,
I intend to replace the side window seals ( waistrails?). I need to know the best way to remove them as I really don't know, so if anyone can tell me I would be grateful. Nothing in the how too section that I can see.
Regards,
Pete.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192591

I replaced all my TFs seals last year. For the main door / body seals you just pull them off. There is a small plastic pin inside the door opening by the hinges. You also have to remove the hood catches on the windscreen.

For the hood seals there are two. The upper most is secured with a small brass nut and bolt towards the front of the seal. Undo the bolt and press out. The seal slide off. The rear seal just slides off.

They may be fix with some spot adhesive. but geneally easy to remove.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192601

Hi Robert and thank you for your reply. Not sure if we are talking the same seals here. At the moment it is only the window seals on each door that I am planning to change, the ones at the top of the door panel that the glass seals against. The cantrails I will change at a later date when I have some. I also need to adjust the windows so they seal better too
Regards, Pete..

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192611

I am refering to the cantrail railseals here:

"For the hood seals there are two. The upper most is secured with a small brass nut and bolt towards the front of the seal. Undo the bolt and press out. The seal slide off. The rear seal just slides off."
The following user(s) said Thank You: wims

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192641

Thank you again Robert, please don't think I am stupid but I still don't think we are talking the same seals. If you were to wind your window right down and rest your arm on the top of the door you would be resting it on the seals I need to remove. I don't know if you just prise them out or if there is a certain way to do it without breaking anything.

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192643

These, in fact.
You can see how they are fixed in the diagram.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wims

Window seals. 4 years 2 months ago #192648

Thank you for posting that David, all a bit clearer now. Looking to get new ones for both sides and adjust the glass to seal better.
Regards, Pete.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT