Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192582

Hi

After travelling back from collecting an MG TF from Somerset to Milton Keynes with no radio..... I have had a look at it, but can't get anything to work on it. It must be getting power as when I detach the face, a small red light blinks. I replace the face and press the power button, but nothing happens. Any thoughts you techy gurus?
Also if I need to replace the head unit, with another make of radio, can you get tails for fitting the new unit to the kenwood plugs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192590

I'm not sure about your problem, but the connections at the back are standard ISO. So a replacement should just plug straight in.

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192593

I have no direct experience of oem radio/cassettes but aren't they code protected? After a battery flat/disconnection you have to enter a 4 number passcode?
David
:shrug:

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192596

I thought that, but I downloaded a manual, and nothing was mentioned in operating guide. Also as it is a "Face Off", I thought that it might not have one. Even with the face on, there isn't anything on the display. But thanks for the reply

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192597

That's cool, I only have experience of Ford Radios, who had their own connection plugs

Radio Cassette KRC-391 not starting 4 years 2 months ago #192602

If you don't have it here is the manual - http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B64-2281-00.pdf

On the back of the head unit will be a plug that only fits that head unit. If you follow the wiring back you will find a pair of standard 8 pin ISO plugs.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT