Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Power steering adjustment, very easy method, by feel. 4 years 4 months ago #192241

Done the power steering adjustment today. It made a massive difference to the steering. Stumbled across a method, just thought I would share.
1. Gain access to sensor in the usual manor.
2. Jack car so front wheels are clear and can rotate from lock to lock
3. Remove torx screw from sensor, pry out orange glue block. Hopefully it will come out in one piece. Replace torx screw and repeat with other end.
4. Torx screws should be tight enough that you can just about move the sensor in your right hand. Think the force you need to move a stuck draw. You must be able to move the sensor but it must not be able to move by itself.
5. Make sure car is in neutral, start the car. The steering will probably turn full left lock and if you recentre the wheel it will go back to full lock.
6. Keep car running, with your right hand, slightly adjust the sensor. Do not move the sensor more than 1mm in either direction at a time.
7. Keep centering the steering wheel. If you move it it the correct direction the force and speed of the steering wheel movements will decrease. Once you have the steering wheel cantered and it does not move you have cracked it.
8. Switch off engine, tighten torx screws.
9. With a hair dryer or heat gun soften the orange glue plugs and replace. I used the torx bit to press home the glue. You have about 15 seconds once it becomes malleable.
10 replace everything and take for a test drive.
Enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Power steering adjustment, very easy method, by feel. 4 years 4 months ago #192254

Thanks for shearing that but I suspect it is the same as the method in the how to guide section.

Please share any other guides you come across.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT