Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191364

Hi Decided to renew my tyre on my 2009 MGTF. Purchased new Falken tyres 215x40 16" for the rear and 195x45 16" for the front. Got the wheels off and took them for powder coating today. Having a quick measure of the rims they look to be the same width front and back which surprised me, I expected to see wider rims on the rear. Is this correct???

Thanks Phil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191365

Wheels are the same all round, no pun intended!
Just the tyres that are different.

Sundance

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191366

Thanks for that, just seems strange. Getting tyres is a bit of an issue in that non of the main stream manufacturers supply the same type of tyre in both sizes.

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191367

I have used both Falken and Toyo in the past. Falkens are a good all round tyre, but the ZE914's I believe are being phased out, not sure what they are being replaced with.
Toyo have recently replaced the T1-R pattern which some people have had issues with - including myself with the new TR1 tyres. I have fitted two of these on the rear and they seem to be pretty good in both wet and dry conditions.
Other makes are available, but depends on if you have 16 or 15 inch wheels.

Sundance

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191381

The latest Falken tyre is the Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun got 2 215s and 2 195s. I'll see how they go.

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191385

Always think the tyre pressure is more critical on the tf than the brand of tyre. If the rear tyres are much less than the recommended 36psi.you run the risk of spinning out.

MGTF Wheel rim sizes 4 years 8 months ago #191388

Thanks for that I'll keep an eye on the pressures.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT