Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190530

If after checking the wires are connected the wrong way round , when you reverse them you would be wise to check the fuses as you will have had live wires going to earth .

The air bag and pre-tensioner cables come from, and return to the SRS ECU.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190535

Thank you to everyone who offered their advice and I think I have finally found the issue. I removed the passengers seat to inspect the wiring and it was then that I noticed that the pre-tensioner looks like it has been activated at some point. I've ordered a second hand replacement and fingers crossed there will be no more SRS light!

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190539

To be honest, I believe the SRS system has a little demon inside it that just puts the light on occasionally just to annoy you! :rant:

Seriously, I have done everything that is recommended and even though the light goes out and stays out 99% of the time, now and again the light will pop on for no apparent reason!
A few weeks ago it came on at startup and was a constant annoyance for about 5 days. Then it went back to behaving normally without anything being done, I changed nothing in the car, no one had used the passenger seat during that time. Etc.

I was seriously considering covering the light with black insulating tape when it decided to work properly again!:shrug:
David
:shrug:

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190546

Oh, how is the drivers side?

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190552

I'm the only driver and the seat is bolted directly to the floor so can't be moved.
David

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190562

I'm the only driver and the seat is bolted directly to the floor so can't be moved.

Not you David, I was talking about Salona and his exploded passenger side.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190565

Not you David, I was talking about Salona and his exploded passenger side.

:broon:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT