Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190467

Ever since buying my current MGTF a few months ago the SRS light has been illuminated permanently.

So far I have carried out the following:

Changed the rotary coupler for a new one
Checked the wiring at the pre tensioner connectors and the connectors under the seats
Replaced the SRS ECU that is behind the centre console
Renewed all Pektron relays

However, the pesky SRS light is still permanently on. Does anyone have any ideas what I should try next as the MoT is due.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190468

Hi. Well you have done all I would have and more . I'm not sure you would need a code reader to cancel the light as when I had the same fault , once the repair was done the light went out . I am assuming that you connected the wires under the seat the right way round ! :yesnod:
Some knowledgable T barer will no doubt have the answer .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Spelling

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190470

I would now replace the connectors under the seat. I cut them out and put electrical block connectors in to replace the poor contacts in the original plug and socket. No problems since. My ZT-T is also suffering the same complaint, so will shortly be doing the same with this. You can get spring loaded push in connecting blocks that will never vibrate free, these are the best type of connectors you can use to replace the fragile MG-Rover ones.

Sundance

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190471

Hmm, I presumed that he had done that . Good advice Mr S .

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190472

You may have a point regarding the wires being the wrong way round. The previous owner had replaced the original connectors with terminal strip type connectors and I replaced those with bullet connectors and re-connected the way the previous owner had them which may well have been incorrect.

Do you happen to know which wire colours from the loom goes to the 2 wires from the pre-tensioner?

Last edit: Post by salona.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190473

Hi . Don't know without consulting the workshop disc . It's going to be later today when I get round to it. By then someone will have come to your rescue on the forum.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190474

Do you happen to know which wire colours from the loom goes to the 2 wires from the pre-tensioner?

Here is the relevant bit from the TF electrical diagrams.

I think the colours are: LHS is Orange and Orange/Blue and the RHS is Brown and Brown/Red.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190476

Read the SRS ECU with a www.pscan.uk to see what the fault is.

I'll happily do that for you if you can bring the car to me in Horsham.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190478

If after checking the wires are connected the wrong way round , when you reverse them you would be wise to check the fuses as you will have had live wires going to earth .

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190523

Many thanks for the kind offer but I am based up in Aberdeen.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 11 months ago #190524

Read with interest about the srs light...mine used to only come on if I left the tf outside in damp conditions...never a problem when garaged.......searched through some old posts and the only one that was different in the answer was this one ..........

Fuse?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

SRS Light Woes 4 years 10 months ago #190529

There is no electrical connection between the seat belt buckle and the SRS system.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT