Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rust proofing? 5 years 2 months ago #189619

My immaculate and pampered 30k miles 'F' has been sat cossetted away under a protective cover in our well ventilated garage on SORN since late October.

Before "Madge" goes back onto the road, I am gradually going through various items on my must do jobs list one of which is giving her liberal coatings of various Bilt Hamber Dynax rust proofing and curing products, not that there are any signs of rust to attend to.

The reason for my post is to ask which of the box section members need attending to and more to the point how to inject fluid into the large and long door sill box sections on either side of the car.
In addition to the small drain holes at the rear end of these box sections are there any other places where I can easily gain access such as removable self tappers etc.?

Apart from these, I would like to remove the under wing liners so that I can the entire metal under all 4 wings a thorough clean and coating of a Dynax wax, as such does anyone know of any Youtube or similar videos that show how to easily remove these liners?

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Buzzy-Beans.

Rust proofing? 5 years 2 months ago #189623

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Hi there . I did the same sort of thing to my TF two years ago . When it came to the inside of the sills on either side I removed the air intakes on both sides which allows access to the front of the sill . The equipment I have has a long flexible tube with a fine spray on the end which easily allowed me to spray all the way to the front .
The front wing liners are fairly straight forward to remove as they are only held in place by screws on the edge of the wing / bumper and about 4 plastic scrivets ( flimsy plastic screws ) which are functional but easy to damage . They are available on Flea bay if you damage them . Using care and a bit of WD40 they can be re used . Not sure if there is a ' How to ' on the forum regarding the scrivets or indeed removal of the wing liners.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzy-Beans

Rust proofing? 5 years 2 months ago #189625

Not many videos but found this one to show what john explained when he did his tf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Buzzy-Beans

Rust proofing? 5 years 2 months ago #189626

And 1 more non English speaking vid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Buzzy-Beans

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.915 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT