Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Seals fill up with water ? 5 years 6 months ago #188469

Whenever it rains my (TF) seals fill up with water :-?
I understand that the rain has to go somewhere, but my seals only seem to have one drain hole
(at the front which I need to unblock almost daily)
My driveway has a slight tilt so if I drive it off after heavy rain it sounds like the car is full of water :-?
So I tend to point the car down hill if it's raining :lol:
Obviously this isn't good for the longevity of the car, should there be more drain holes?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seals fill up with water ? 5 years 6 months ago #188470

There should be four drain holes, two in the front, and two at the back.

Having to clear them out regularily is not normal. Maybe once or twice a year is normal.

What comes out when you clear them?

You can remove the air duct covers near the rear wheels, to look down the cills, and see what is in there. Might be worth flushing them out if full of dirt.

Could be a problem if the contamination is rust, as cills can rust from inside out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve O

Seals fill up with water ? 5 years 6 months ago #188472

There should be four drain holes, two in the front, and two at the back.

Having to clear them out regularily is not normal. Maybe once or twice a year is normal.

What comes out when you clear them?

You can remove the air duct covers near the rear wheels, to look down the cills, and see what is in there. Might be worth flushing them out if full of dirt.

Could be a problem if the contamination is rust, as cills can rust from inside out!

Only water comes out of the front holes, I've taken one of the side pods out and it looks clean inside.
I've only had the car since May and before that the car spent most of it's life as a 2nd car with it's own garage.
The strange thing is I can't really see where the rear drainage hole should be ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT