Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Squeaky Suspension 5 years 7 months ago #187989

I have a really quite severe squeaking/creaking coming from the front suspension ('02 TF), nearside is the worst but both are pretty bad. I had her serviced last month and asked the technician to run the grease gun over the nipples, he duly obliged and all seemed fine, blissful silence from the front end (all the better to hear the TT's at the back!) However, by the time I got home it was as bad as ever (after about 40 miles). Is this indicative of something more sinister or do I just have to keep pumping fresh grease in to it?

All advice VERY gratefully received....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Squeaky Suspension 5 years 7 months ago #187991

its worth checking the upper ball joints -see if there is any play move the front wheels up and down when jacked off the ground.

Also , its worth spraying the lower ball joints with some silicon spray ( Halford s own brand is very good)

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daleswalker

Squeaky Suspension 5 years 7 months ago #187996

I had months of creaking and squeaking coming from the front of Roxy. Having tried everything I took her to Chris Flanagan at Retro Sport Cars in Brighouse, who predicted broken welds on the behind dash cross braces. He was right - two welds had broken, one on each side. I had then welded back in place and all is now well.
Chris tells me this is an increasingly common problem with 2002-4 TF's.
Good luck,
Winko

Squeaky Suspension 5 years 7 months ago #187997

You could try greasing the top pin. There are grease nipples on them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT