Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Camshaft Sensor Code P0340 + slightly rough idle + pulley noise 5 years 9 months ago #187403

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with a 2002 MG TF 135.

I am getting Code P0340 and P1520 (P1520 will not erase) with Pscan along with a rough idle and a noise (which sounds like a worn pulley- haven't been able to investigate it yet). Lot's of power from the engine and runs very smooth through the rev's.

My concern with the code is the additional rough idle and pulley noise. Belt/tensioner was supposedly replaced about 10,000 miles/3yrs ago by previous owner. I have a 96 F that I replaced tensioner/belt on and after 2 yrs and 2000 miles the tensioner started to make a similar noise and I had to replace it again. My concern is that the TF's noise may be the tensioner and I don't want that to fail in service!

I have attached live data from Pscan and the one value I question is Cam Input History - Input was high.

Any thing else in the live data that looks out of place??

Anyone have a similar issue in the past?

Thanks for any advice!

John Stevenson
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by terreneuve.

Camshaft Sensor Code P0340 + slightly rough idle + pulley noise 5 years 9 months ago #187412

I assume you have A/C.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Camshaft Sensor Code P0340 + slightly rough idle + pulley noise 5 years 9 months ago #187414

Nope, no AC

Camshaft Sensor Code P0340 + slightly rough idle + pulley noise 5 years 9 months ago #187417

My TF has the same AC fault code but hasn't got it fitted. Pscan will not clear it so I wouldn't worry about that. As for your concerns about sensor code , the sensor is fairly reliable . Have you checked the wiring to it ? As for the noise .....???

Camshaft Sensor Code P0340 + slightly rough idle + pulley noise 5 years 9 months ago #187422

The noise was the PO had the ALT Belt way to tight-so that's fixed.

From reading on the web I thought if the Camshaft Sensor completely failed then the car would not start but this isn't the case, when I disconnected it car started fine although still running like crap at idle.

So maybe coil/wires plugs etc, so process of elimination next.

John

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT