Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

stripping an mgf 6 years 9 months ago #179360

ok guys, if i was to get an mgf to part strip are there firms that would take the remainder of the car away and as it wouldnt be whole , do they charge lots of pennies to take it away a it wouldnt be worth as much to them as it would as it would be whole .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

stripping an mgf 6 years 9 months ago #179361

I would think most scrappies would do that provided they had a lorry with a HIAB or similar. WE certainly found one to take away the remains of my son's MR2 after he'd removed wheels, wings, bonnet, boot and loads of other saleable bits. Didn't give us anything for it mind - just a free collection.

Maybe it depends on the price of scrap steel at the time :-?
Robin ;)

stripping an mgf 6 years 9 months ago #179363

I did this a year ago and the local scrap yard was willing to take the shell for free providing i delivered it to them. The shell without bonnet, doors, interior and subframes is easily lifted onto a trailer by a few blokes.
At the time they were only offering £65 for a complete scrap car so to get rid of the shell for free was ok for me.
I think if you spend time looking for the correct donor car this is a great way to build up a horde of mechanical, bodywork and interior spares.
Nigel

stripping an mgf 6 years 9 months ago #179441

There are plenty of companies who'll take the shell.

Just make sure that a crane lorry can get close to it, ideally next to it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT