Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Aerial woes, can i use a different one. 6 years 11 months ago #178369

So while replacing the clutch slave, I thought it would be a good idea to unscrew the aerial so as not to get way, bad move, it snapped on the thread.

I have been hunting about for a replacement base and original whip and it seems these are getting very scarce, most breakers respond that all the ones they have are sheared off to. Knowing how Rover lover to raid the parts bin, were these unique to the F/TF or can i widen my search?

I would like an original, not a fan of the stubby ones, but are other bases the same, the thread of my whip is stuck in mine.

Many Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Aerial woes, can i use a different one. 6 years 11 months ago #178372

There are a number of bases on e-bay, although they seem to be a little more expensive than I might imagine. I seem to recall that the base was type specific; other MG Rover cars had roof mounted aerials. I use Vauxhall aerial whips off the Corsa, they are thread compatible & a little shorter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickle5

Aerial woes, can i use a different one. 6 years 11 months ago #178373

Looks as if there are plenty on e bay, used and new.

Aerial woes, can i use a different one. 6 years 10 months ago #178395

I snapped one off trying to undo it MGFnTF supplied one quickly.
The damaged one is on the bench awaiting attention.
Beware the whips that are on fleabay that are shorter than the original 24" radio reception is worse with a shorter whip. Size matters!!

Aerial woes, can i use a different one. 6 years 10 months ago #178398

I have one from a Rover 45, it's so long that it makes the car look like a RC model.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT