Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Im Back................. 7 years 2 weeks ago #177035

Well its been a couple of years at least, i still have my TF 135 and its been sat on the drive for most of that time, far to many things have been going on and im sorry to say it got a bit neglected, I have started to tinker with it in the view to getting it back on the rd this year, first job was new alternator as it had seized, second job was to clean off the discs, New battery attached and she started first turn , awesome. a little smokey to start but then it cleared so happy there. i do have a slight squeal from a belt, not sure if its the alternator or not. coolant levels had not dropped at all in all that time, oil looks o.k. so what else should i be looking out for before a 30 minute drive to MOT station,

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Im Back................. 7 years 2 weeks ago #177036

Long time, no here - how's things?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Im Back................. 7 years 2 weeks ago #177038

Busy.. but the early sun got me off my ass wanting to get the car back out for some fun in the sun. and got a bit depressed about the mg life after the cambelt broke on the F then the bottom end going on the Freestyle. but still kept the TF as didnt want to lose all hope lol

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Im Back................. 7 years 2 weeks ago #177050

Busy.. but the early sun got me off my ass wanting to get the car back out for some fun in the sun.

Yeah, Mrs TC doesn't understand why I spend 12 hours at work and then come home and spend time working on the F.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Im Back................. 7 years 2 weeks ago #177067

If it's been sat unstarted most of the time I'd change the cambelt - it will have possibly got weak at the most bended points - possibly even cracked.

Do an oil flush and change too... never hurts! Oh and also get an oil rag and cable ties it around the clutch arm to gearbox entry place. Make sure its nice and oily as it will slowly creep down the arm and keep it lubricated.

Other than that enjoy the top down!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT