Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Low Coolant Level Sensor - Update 7 years 1 month ago #176976

It's been a while since my last post on this subject but, at last I have been able to revisit the task.
With the help of Bruce we tested the circuitry and there is power at the plug in the engine bay and the new expansion tank seems to switch on and off.
I fitted a new bulb in the right holder in the instrument panel (there was already a bulb in there) but, after testing, the warning light still will not light up.
I'm at a loss and will shelve the project unless someone can come up with some suggestions.
Is there a simple fix i.e. a fuse needs to be fitted?
As always any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Low Coolant Level Sensor - Update 7 years 1 month ago #176978

It's been a while since my last post on this subject but, at last I have been able to revisit the task.
With the help of Bruce we tested the circuitry and there is power at the plug in the engine bay and the new expansion tank seems to switch on and off.
I fitted a new bulb in the right holder in the instrument panel (there was already a bulb in there) but, after testing, the warning light still will not light up.
I'm at a loss and will shelve the project unless someone can come up with some suggestions.
Is there a simple fix i.e. a fuse needs to be fitted?
As always any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Bob

There is a forty second delay between activating the switch and the lamp coming on. Try it for a bit longer...

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Essex

Low Coolant Level Sensor - Update 7 years 1 month ago #176980

Thanks Sundance,
I timed a 60 second delay from switching on ignition, with tank inverted, and then righting the tank and waiting another 60 seconds.
I tried this with the ignition only on, and with the engine running.
I think my original plan to use a Lowlarm2 would have been the best bet.
Bob

Low Coolant Level Sensor - Update 7 years 1 month ago #176981

If you have the wiring installed in your wiring loom by MG-R then it should work, I think they put the looms in with the wiring in place after May/ June 2004, My TF was built in January and it did not have the wiring in, however I have a friend who has one registered in June and his had the wiring in place and the correct lamp in the dashboard with a bulb fitted. Curiously they went to all the trouble to fit the wiring and correct instrument cluster, then never fitted the sensor in the expansion tank.
My friend just swapped his tank for one with a level switch and it worked fine.
My wiring diagram is from October 2003 and does not show the upgrade and how it is wired or which circuit or fuse it branches from, Or I may have been able to advise further....
But if the wiring is there, no reason for it not to work, maybe your ECU is lacking the software?
I imagine this needs to be flashed into it for the lamp to be switched on by the ECU output section. Technozen could perhaps advise on this or one of the other guys with techy know how.

Sundance

Low Coolant Level Sensor - Update 7 years 1 month ago #176983

Once again thank you,
The wiring is there and it has been tested which, makes me think there is a missing link somewhere.
I think I will call time on this, as it's not worth the aggro trying to work it out.
Cheers,
Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT