Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

velcro 7 years 1 month ago #176735

Has any body got any idea what the two pieces of velcro are for on the hood one on the N/S the other O/S about 2" long they hang about half way above the glass in the doors
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

velcro 7 years 1 month ago #176738

No idea! I have wondered that too. And what are the tabs with push studs by the rear window for?

velcro 7 years 1 month ago #176740

I think the velcro is supposed to wrap around one of the centre hood struts to give a smooth finish to the end of the strut to stop it poking through the hood. It sort of wraps around the end making a cone shape and the end of the strut is then protected.
That's my theory, but it's probably totally wrong.

velcro 7 years 1 month ago #176796

I think the velcro is supposed to wrap around one of the centre hood struts to give a smooth finish to the end of the strut to stop it poking through the hood. It sort of wraps around the end making a cone shape and the end of the strut is then protected.
That's my theory, but it's probably totally wrong.

You're partially correct, the REASON they were fitted was to stop the hood touching the potentially dirty bodywork when folded. The adhesive on the Velcro loop side usually fails, leaving the Velcro hooked tape hanging in space

The 2008-2010 TF's dispensed with the velcro and used a screw or rivet through a woven tape

The press studs on the rear screen were to fasten it to the corresponding posts on the T-Bar (car not Forum!) to keep the plastic flat when the hood was lowered
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, BruceTF135

velcro 7 years 1 month ago #176800

The press studs on the rear screen were to fasten it to the corresponding posts on the T-Bar (car not Forum!) to keep the plastic flat when the hood was lowered

Aha! I did wonder about that but then there would be nowhere to fasten the tonneau cover, would there?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT