Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174422

Try clearinwg your browser cache.:shrug:

Thanks David, I have now cleaned out all of my browser to no avail.

:beer: :beer: Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174428

That's the limit of my internet knowledge then... :dry:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174450

Just out of interest what "power" are people really after in an MG F/TF :pop:

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174464

The 143 of the mk1 VVC is enough for me (along with a 52mmTB and better induction) so I'm dropping in a 160...................

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174471

I've never really wanted more power that the 120 ish I get from my mpi. Although it has been remapped. :frosty:
I've had really powerful cars and none was as much fun as the F. :nonod:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174473

I've never really wanted more power that the 120 ish I get from my mpi. Although it has been remapped. :frosty:
I've had really powerful cars and none was as much fun as the F. :nonod:

I'm the same. Things happen fast enough with the 120 for me. Interestingly, on the infamous A9 between Inverness and Perth, my MGF seems more capable of overtaking on the single carriageway than many cars with twice the power who like to cause a long tail back waiting for the next bit of dual. So it's a case of not what you have but how you use it.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winko

Power upgrade options 7 years 5 months ago #174474

So it's a case of not what you have but how you use it.

Richard

True... in a lot of cases! :bust: B) :lol:
David

Power upgrade options 7 years 4 months ago #174496

• Winko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I'd like 170+, and perhaps a change to the gearing so 30-50 acceleration is optimised. Like Richard/David/ Talking Cars, Roxy's already brilliant for whizzing past A75 traffic, I just want more.
I also like something of a Q car element. In my past life with a motor manufacturer, I drove all sorts of cars that looked like bog standard 'cookers', but actually had things like 4 wheel drive systems, turbos, superchargers etc under the tin work. Leaving Porsche turbo's behind in what looked like a family hatchback was incredibly fun..and I've no intention of growing up.
Winko
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Power upgrade options 6 years 11 months ago #178441

• Winko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Winko
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Well, I bit the bullet and went the 160 route. Chris Flanagan did the conversion for me whilst 'The Mad Woman' (TMW) and I were abroad, so she has no idea anything's different.
Roxy's spec is now the 160 engine, plus Piper filter, Kmaps and TT Mk7 exhaust.. plus Bilsteins and new brakes with redstuff front pads.
Was the conversion worth it? Well, for me there's little or no difference if all you want is a fun, quickish car that'll bring a smile to your face. I had that with the 135, especially after the Kmaps upgrade which is, without doubt, the best thing anyone can do to improve their F or TF.
However, I wanted something that could surprise the sh*t out of the tailgaters and 'look at my new Audi' drivers that I encounter every day. With the engine upgrade, I've got it. Top end acceleration is addictive - she pulls like a train from around 4 to past 7K - and on the overrun the bangs and pops from the exhaust are as antisocial as you could want. Absolutely brilliant.
Now I need to sort out the understeer, so looks like a Seat splitter is on the agenda. I'm pretty sure TMW won't notice that either!
The following user(s) said Thank You: p38

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT