Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9480

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Ok I know it may be a bit brave (or foolish) of me to suggest this but have you ever noticed how many parts MG made for one model that could be used with little or no modification on another model? For example, TF door cards in an F, TF t-bar in an F, TF seats in an F etc. etc. I even found out the other day that a really popular mod amongst ZS owners is to fit the F/TF rearview mirror and the F/TF steering wheel. So in an effort to give our members more options and maybe even save a few bucks maybe it would be a nice idea to put up a list of parts that can be interchanged between models. In fact they don't even have to be MG related, for instance the citroen washer jets or the ford focus side repeaters.

What do you guys think? And if you like the idea do you know of any examples? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9491

Good idea:)

The window switches I am 99% sure are the same as in the Freelander, some other switches in the Mk1 MGF are the same as a Rover 25.

Electric mirror adjust switch is the same as a Freelander and iirc a Discovery II.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9495

Ok I know it may be a bit brave (or foolish) of me to suggest this but have you ever noticed how many parts MG made for one model that could be used with little or no modification on another model? For example, TF door cards in an F, TF t-bar in an F, TF seats in an F etc. etc. I even found out the other day that a really popular mod amongst ZS owners is to fit the F/TF rearview mirror and the F/TF steering wheel. So in an effort to give our members more options and maybe even save a few bucks maybe it would be a nice idea to put up a list of parts that can be interchanged between models. In fact they don't even have to be MG related, for instance the citroen washer jets or the ford focus side repeaters.

What do you guys think? And if you like the idea do you know of any examples? :)

Not something I'd be able to help with, but think it is definitely a good idea. Could save people quite a few bob too!

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9496

I think you will find many parts were raided from various parts bins, all stalks look the same, the one in the F is the same as my ZS. I would check my Discovery 2 but it went in for it's insurance assessment this morning, no knowing if I'll see it again! Still, got a nice VW Tiguan TDi 4motion for the duration!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9498

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Ok I'll start a list at the beginning of this thread of interchangeable parts and we'll give it a couple of weeks then turn it into a guide. :)

Thanks guys! Keep it coming! :thumbsup:

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9499

Steering racks are interchangeable between F and TF

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9502

Steering racks are interchangeable between F and TF

TF has a smaller turning circle too! (good upgrade).

PLUS:

ZS rear spoiler (especially the one with 'bolt on clips') fit the F & TF

400/ZS 4 door rear window mechanism is the same as F & TF

Late Streetwise switches (fog etc) are the same as Mk2 F & TF

Rover 800 Pads (and I think discs?) are the same as standard F & TF

Range Rover P38 Walnut handbrake cover fits F & TF

Metro Hub nuts are the same

Rover 200/400 (wedge) instrument dial faces (maybe the dials?) fir the Mk1 F (mechanical) dials

Rover Mini (late 'real' mini) Steering wheel fits all.

There are probably a million more!

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9506

Ok I'll start a list at the beginning of this thread of interchangeable parts and we'll give it a couple of weeks then turn it into a guide. :)

Thanks guys! Keep it coming! :thumbsup:

that would be great to turn it into a guide, and also good to know we are not just limited to f and tf parts if we go looking in a breakers yard

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9520

One I touched on when somone asked for advice on air filters and getting more power from an f is....
Our 52mm throttle bodies are the same as thoes on all mg k series engines and late rovers, but they seem to cost more when bought from tfs... I got one for my dads f from a mg-zr in a breakers yard for a tenner! The car had only done 20k miles as well

so save money f'ers and grab tbs off zrs

the same for enclosed cone filters... Get em off boy racers who've modded there zr instead of shelling out £300+ on new tf systems :) thad what I did :)

not really a shared part but good advice

infact in general used parts for k series are more expensive if associated with f/tfs than zrs... Probs cause of sports cars been expensive :p lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9526

is iy the seat leon splitter that fits a f?:dunno: or should i lat off the brandy?

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9531

is iy the seat leon splitter that fits a f?:dunno: or should i lat off the brandy?

thats right............ altough its a better fit on the TF :yesnod:

go on have another brandy :dc:

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9534

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Air vents from Rover 200/25 fit the F/TF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT