• Page:

Topic

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9546

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Air vents from Rover 200/25 fit the F/TF

Wow I really didn't know that - any modification required or are they a straight swap?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9579

• spaceoctagon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jaguar XJ chrome ash tray

Freelander wheel nut cover removal tool

Rover 200/400 89-95 instrument cluster fits mk1 F

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9617

Wow I really didn't know that - any modification required or are they a straight swap?

stright swap... same ones from the 400 as well :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9822

This may be a silly question - Can TF headlights go in an F?

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9830

yep as long as the front bumper is changed at the time, AdamElphick has a TF front on an F :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9888

Yep as Adam said I did just that. You need the following:

Headlights (goes without saying I guess! LOL)
Headlight brackets (drill out old ones spot welds and bolt these on)
Headlight plugs (you splice them in the loom in place of the F headlight and indicator ones)
Bumper
Bumper support bar (or as I did when I originally did the conversion add a few alloy brackets to the original F support bar - since found a TF one cheap so swapped it over)
Air dam
Fog light brackets (if you have fog lights the lights fit but you need new brackets!)
Mesh if it hasn't got any in the lower section.

I have been told you need new front wheel arch liners but this is not correct as you can just push the TF bumper edge in a few cm and do the old ones up - looks fine and after a few months it all stays in that position anyway when undone!

It's quite an easy swap and the extra 'seeing power' at night is certainly worth the effort!

ORIGINAL: ........................................................................... AFTER THE CHANGE:

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9890

yep as long as the front bumper is changed at the time, AdamElphick has a TF front on an F :)

Thank you

Yep as Adam said I did just that. You need the following:

Headlights (goes without saying I guess! LOL)
Headlight brackets (drill out old ones spot welds and bolt these on)
Headlight plugs (you splice them in the loom in place of the F headlight and indicator ones)
Bumper
Bumper support bar (or as I did when I originally did the conversion add a few alloy brackets to the original F support bar - since found a TF one cheap so swapped it over)
Air dam
Fog light brackets (if you have fog lights the lights fit but you need new brackets!)
Mesh if it hasn't got any in the lower section.

I have been told you need new front wheel arch liners but this is not correct as you can just push the TF bumper edge in a few cm and do the old ones up - looks fine and after a few months it all stays in that position anyway when undone!

It's quite an easy swap and the extra 'seeing power' at night is certainly worth the effort!

ORIGINAL: ........................................................................... AFTER THE CHANGE:

Sounds quite expensive... Something I'll definitely think about though. Are the TF lights much better in the dark than the F?

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9892

This is a picture from http://www.csmgf.co.uk/ The F bumper has been altered to fit the TF lights and I think it looks really good, IMO much better than the F or the TF front by themselves. Why didn't MGR do this?
David
:shrug:

MG Interchangeable parts guide? 14 years 3 months ago #9893

This is a picture from http://www.csmgf.co.uk/ The F bumper has been altered to fit the TF lights and I think it looks really good, IMO much better than the F or the TF front by themselves. Why didn't MGR do this?

How hard would that be to do?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT