Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172622

Every car I have bought has always had a major strip down and service before driving as I dont trust others ' tinkering. To get the maximum usage before the weather turns bad , the mgtf was pressed into service as seen having a fresh mot .Firstly my wife called last week to say she had taken the car out for a run as it was a nice day only to stop in a cloud of smoke with the car doing 25 mph flat out after 3 miles ( siezed rear brake caliper)
Today I got the second call to say she had ventured out for the first time after freeing the calipers and on the way home lost all gears apart from 2nd which the car was stuck in and I have just returned home having driven slowly in 2nd gear all the way! A quick look underneath with a torch and it looks like the lower linkage rubber joint has disintegrated at the gearbox Just ordered some new ones , dont you just love MG and good old British engineering! Meanwhile the wife is unimpressed having been the cause of a big tailback of traffic at rush hour......are these the real joys of owning an mgtf?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172625

I find the mg a pleasure and the mrs the headache :hgf:

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172658

I have the same issue, bought my MGTF about 10 monhs ago, since then we had a few trips, but mainly the car is in repair-state trying to solve rain-water leakage problems.
So my wife wants another, reliable, car, the MG being the fun car for good weather. That was not quite the intention when we bought it, We could have bought a BMW M3/4 or Peugeot CC,Mazda MX5, but these lack the mid engine, the real sports car look. So we were both very fond of our purchage, until it started to rain. I still am, I have solved 90% of the leakage, and will reach 100% at some point.
For daily use I have a volvo V40, we used to have a fiat Seicento for shopping we have left that at the dealer when we took the MG home.
So now we need a third reliable and watertight shopping car, and there our municipality gets in the way : where I live we are only allowed to park 2 cars per household. So I need to find a way arond that.
Well, you can say the MG keeps your creative side alive.

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172682

......our municipality gets in the way : where I live we are only allowed to park 2 cars per household.......

I don't think I've had that few cars since about 1990.

How does that rule work if you have three of more people in the household who need to drive, we have three people in my house, all of whom have and use their own car.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172683

take the volvo for shopping....problem solved !

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172684

When there are 3 persons in the houshold : man, wife, sun/daughter, 2 can park before the house, the 3rd has to park out of the town. But it is a good starting point for investigation I'll ask around how people have solved that.

wife has had enough! 7 years 6 months ago #172690

Next door to me has 5 cars mum,dad and 3 sons
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT