Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Brake Caliper Refurb - Thread Size? 7 years 7 months ago #171909

Hi

I have a set of AP calipers I want to refurb. I am looking to get some bolts to put in the brake hose connection to prevent dirt/crud etc getting inside whilst I work on them.

I am really hoping someone can tell me the thread size for the end of the brake hoses?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake Caliper Refurb - Thread Size? 7 years 7 months ago #171913

Not sure of the threadsize...im sure someone on here will tell you shortly....but what i can tell you is when i worked on my callipers i got a load of copper washers put them on the original banjo bolt and inserted into the caliper...nipping it up seals the hole....or i suppose what your saying is maybe you dont have any bolts at all.......i have seen this ebay add that suggests the size is m10x1.00.....but id still wait for advice before you buy...
HEL M10 x 1.00 Stainless Steel Single Banjo Bolt - Fits AP Racing Caliper's
Completed

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Brake Caliper Refurb - Thread Size? 7 years 7 months ago #171917

Hi,
why don't you measure the thread itself?
If you put a micrometer or vernier across the diameter this will give you the thread diameter.
ie, if it measures just under 10 mm, then it will be a 10mm dia bolt. Thread sizes are always slightly smaller than nominal.
Then measure the distance across the top of the thread, and this is then the pitch, so; if this measures 1.00 mm, the bolt is; M10 X 1.00.

Regards
David

Brake Caliper Refurb - Thread Size? 7 years 7 months ago #171918

or you could measure the pitch with a thread gauge....the one shown here measures metric and whitworth.............anybody use whitworth anymore?
Toolzone Metric & Whitworth Thread / Screw Pitch Gauge
Completed

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Brake Caliper Refurb - Thread Size? 7 years 7 months ago #171921

Hi,
why don't you measure the thread itself?
If you put a micrometer or vernier across the diameter this will give you the thread diameter.
ie, if it measures just under 10 mm, then it will be a 10mm dia bolt. Thread sizes are always slightly smaller than nominal.
Then measure the distance across the top of the thread, and this is then the pitch, so; if this measures 1.00 mm, the bolt is; M10 X 1.00.

Regards
David

Unless it is imperial of course! A lot of hydraulic threads are!

Measuring unknown "special" threads is always a last resort to finding the specification.

peter

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.007 seconds