Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170865

Well I have had zippee a little over two weeks and today we are off to the farm to give her some love, oh and take the missus to leamington spa for a day out....obviously....????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170871

Bet you'll be gobsmacked with how much responsiveness improves. Don't forget to use high octane. :woohoo:

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170872

Yay, she is all done, and what a lovely fella. Car drives and sounds awesome...????
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170885

I've just re-fitted my remapped ECM/ECU and the car is running so as soon as I've walked the dogs, I'll take the F for a test drive to. see if anything feels different and let everyone know. Removing/fitting the ECM/ECU is straightforward so for those who can't visit Kmaps conveniently, the postal option works well.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170886

Is definitely worth it, the two hour drive home was a good test, and zippee was (even more of ) a pleasure to drive. In fact on the B road twisties I can put her in third gear and drive like she has an auto box, lots of fun...????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170897

Would have had this done to mine if head gasket had not let go, funds will be spent their. Looks like next year now.

Did you have the optional pop's added if so would you recommend it ?

:beer: :beer: Steve

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170903

I'd agree it's worth doing. Smooth power delivery and more grunt lower down.

I just spent 20 minutes writing a how-to to remove the ECU etc only for Broadband to drop out (BT) so it's all lost. If anyone wants to know how to do this, just ask!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170920

Hi is this recommended for all variant,s has anybody had a 160 ?

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170921

Hi is this recommended for all variant,s has anybody had a 160 ?

Yes for anyone with MEMS3 - Frammers' is a 160.

Richard

Off to k maps this morning...???? 7 years 9 months ago #170940

Yep mine is a 160, and I had "subtle" pops and burbles added, not so it sounds like a machine gun going off, I have a scorpion back box though and this helps I would guess.

Third gear really is amazing 25 to 70mph, 2nd is insane with the Rev limit raised as per the new map.

overall a better, more fun drive if you want it, or nice steady power delivery for "normal" driving (changing gear at 4000 revs)

I love the Jekyll and Hyde side of the car, it's like it has a split personality....????
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT