Sign In   Register

Topic

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9431

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Been feeling quite sentimental about Slave today and I've decided that for me it was a real love/hate relationship. For example, I LOVED being able to drop the hood whenever the sun shone :cloud9: but I HATED the way that whenever it rained if I opened the window I'd end up with a soaking wet leg! :cus:

So it got me thinking what do you guys love the most about your F/TF and what just grinds your gears? :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9432

Been feeling quite sentimental about Slave today and I've decided that for me it was a real love/hate relationship. For example, I LOVED being able to drop the hood whenever the sun shone :cloud9: but I HATED the way that whenever it rained if I opened the window I'd end up with a soaking wet leg! :cus:

So it got me thinking what do you guys love the most about your F/TF and what just grinds your gears? :lol:

Like you, I love being able to drop the hood when it's sunny.

I hate the way the windows steam up, and like you, getting a soaking wet leg when it's raining!

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9433

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Like you, I love being able to drop the hood when it's sunny.

I hate the way the windows steam up, and like you, getting a soaking wet leg when it's raining!

It's like the MG is punishing you for being a smoker! :lol:

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9435

Hmmm we smokers always get the crappy end of the stick these days!!

I have a spare ash tray in the centre console an try opening the passenger window instead, let that seat get wet.

Hmmmm as for the love hate, that changes every minute, I guess its just those times when you look up at blue sky's, feeling a part of it all on a country road with the wind slapping you in the face. The fact it sucks you in to this world of friendly people and never ending wants of the next upgrade. Then as you manage to afford it, it slaps you right back with another problem, right when you have no money in your pocket.

We love it because its one of the few cars still left that aren't clones churned out to be reliable an boring. They are like a good old british family, they love you, they hate you, the reward us with smiling faces and sometimes kick us where it really hurts. So yeah they become part of us and our lifes, which other cars really do this??

Dam this unemployment ....lol Its made me go all daft AGAIN!!!!!!
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9437

LOVE - Sunny day, the roar f the TT exhaust, everyone thinking its a MUCH posher car than it actually is...... looking in my mirror to see the "SNIPERPENGUIN" decal (so I look like a 18yr old) and not caring :)

HATE - Road tax (£210 for a 1.8 petrol, wtf?) and taking EONS to de-mist the front window (ARGH)
MGF Register - North Wales Rep
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9438

Oh yes:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9439

Love: the looks and the handling. Not had it long enough to sample the open air!

Hate: losing water from the engine 2 days after picking it up! The fact that the wife will be driving it more than me! :rolleyes2:
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9443

Love the top down motoring... cannot wait till it's a little warmer.. hopefully the weekend should be ok, HATE the wind noise...

:dunno:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9445

I love the fact that it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned :yesnod:

and hate the fact that I'm currently reeeeeaaaallllly bored with it :frown:

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9446

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Interesting answers guys n gals! I must admit I'm surprised no one's put down that they hate the lack of space/only being able to have one passenger.

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9448

Oh and I hate the lack of space and only being able to take 1 of my kids out in it at a time :lol:

In fact I could write a much longer hate list than love at the moment but thought I'd keep it brief!

MG - Love/Hate relationship? 14 years 2 months ago #9449

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I love the fact that it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned :yesnod:

and hate the fact that I'm currently reeeeeaaaallllly bored with it :frown:

Are you losing the lurve?

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT