Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Replacement seats 7 years 11 months ago #168804

Having just acquired a v.nice set of MGTF seats in black leather/red ancantara for Myfanwy i seem to remember someone saying that the SRS seat connector on MK1 F is different to MK2/TF can anyone confirm as Myfanwy is a 1997 MK1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replacement seats 7 years 11 months ago #168805

I'm not 100% sure but I put a set of leather/alcantara seats which I think we're from a TF into my mk1 mgf. I didn't have a problem with the electrical connection but had to persuade the mounting bracket with a lump hammer to fit as they were at slightly the wrong angle.

Nice colour btw B)
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Replacement seats 7 years 11 months ago #168806

There are two different connectors that were used, but you could replace them with bullet connectors for a better connection. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Replacement seats 7 years 11 months ago #168807

Hi MGF and early TF have red larger connector under seat.
If your new seats have the yellow connector from the later 53 reg onwards TF use your existing MGF seatbelts and swap to your new seats.
They are interchangeable and only one bolt holds each pretensioner to seat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, Andy Lawrence, cairnsys, Winko

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Replacement seats 7 years 11 months ago #168853

I've fitted mk2 Alcantara seats on all our mk1 MGs (F/ZR/ZS) and swapped the pre-tensioner (seat air bag on the ZS) to suit the wiring of the car.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT