Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Smelly interior 8 years 4 weeks ago #167124

no not me the F :bust:
first a quick update... bin doin' some miles and hav'in fun :woohoo: clocked about 1k per month of ownership and all's well (that's that f'd! then :yesnod: )
not likein the noise at Mway speeds so bought a hardtop. much better but a shitter if the sun comes out before I get home (which is at least four days most weeks)..

BUT... I've had to resort to installing an overpowering air fresher to mask the slight petroleum type smell! I'm not sure which is worst but am leaning towards dumping the air freshener and enjoying the rich running smell my B gave (when it was running).

There's no leak in the tank as there's a significant in rush of air when I go to fill up. So where's the smell coming from?
anyone have any experience of similar?

cheers
MGmike
ps. it does 40mpg so I would say it's not running rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Smelly interior 8 years 4 weeks ago #167130

Attachments:

Smelly interior 8 years 3 weeks ago #167134

I also have a smell of petrol on occasion. Answer, drop the top :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)

Smelly interior 8 years 3 weeks ago #167146

The fact that the fuel tank is sitting directly behind you doesn't help. Also fumes escaping the filler cap can be pulled into the cabin.

Things are made considerably worse if the fuel pump has been out at any time as it is notoriously difficult to reseal it properly. You need a special tool and gynaecological skills!
David
:shrug:

Smelly interior 8 years 3 weeks ago #167147

This can be a right so and so to track down, try the points raised here as a starter for ten :tada:

http://www.mgfcar.de/fueltank/index.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT