• Page:

Topic

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9345

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Ok so I am mega ****ing ****ed off!!!! :mad:

I've just had a look on the DVLA website and it turns out that if I want to keep my personal plate I've got to pay £105!!! ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE ****ING POUNDS!!!!! And for what? So that I can keep the license plate I've already bought? How ****ing unfair is that? What because they haven't made enough ****ing money already!!! ****ing sons of *****es!!! Money grabbing bastards!!!

So now I've got no choice but to let the personal plate go with Slave as there's no way in hell that I can afford to have it "retained"!!! Thieving scumbags!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :jedifight: :bauer: :shooting2: :shooting: :slam: :twak: :bandana: :cus: :pcrage:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9347

Ok so I am mega ****ing ****ed off!!!! :mad:

I've just had a look on the DVLA website and it turns out that if I want to keep my personal plate I've got to pay £105!!! ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE ****ING POUNDS!!!!! And for what? So that I can keep the license plate I've already bought? How ****ing unfair is that? What because they haven't made enough ****ing money already!!! ****ing sons of *****es!!! Money grabbing bastards!!!

So now I've got no choice but to let the personal plate go with Slave as there's no way in hell that I can afford to have it "retained"!!! Thieving scumbags!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :jedifight: :bauer: :shooting2: :shooting: :slam: :twak: :bandana: :cus: :pcrage:

oh dear!!! if I had the money i would buy it for you ;) :grouphug:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9348

i know where you're coming from however..................

that includes the £80 reassignment fee so when you were to put it on another car it wouldn't cost anything............ you would still have had to pay the £80 if you were to put it straight onto another car tomorrow

so really its only costing you £25 to keep a hold of your private plate for a year, then pay another £25 to retain for a further year and so on.....

total con but thats the way it is :frown:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9349

how about i buy you it if you give me your shocks :dc:

:lolm:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9350

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

oh dear!!! if I had the money i would buy it for you ;) :grouphug:

Aww thank you hun. :grouphug:

i know where you're coming from however..................

that includes the £80 reassignment fee so when you were to put it on another car it wouldn't cost anything............ you would still have had to pay the £80 if you were to put it straight onto another car tomorrow

so really its only costing you £25 to keep a hold of your private plate for a year, then pay another £25 to retain for a further year and so on.....

total con but thats the way it is :frown:

Re-assignment fee? Sounds like another way of making sure they keep your money! Evil ****s! Plus it's not really £25 because the actual physical amount of money I have to hand over is £105 which I really don't have!!! Sorry I'm just ****ed off because the licence plate was a birthday prezzie from my mum. :frown:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9351

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

how about i buy you it if you give me your shocks :dc:

:lolm:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9352

That really sucks. I wish I could do something to help, but I'm all out of pennies :(

:grouphug:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9353

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Could you not ask the friendly new owner to look after the plate until you can afford to transfer it? The car will probably just revert back to the original numberplates. All it would cost then is the transfer fee. Worth asking.

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9361

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

That really sucks. I wish I could do something to help, but I'm all out of pennies :(

:grouphug:

Aww s'ok mate I've had a couple of drinks now so it's all good. :woo2: :beer:

Could you not ask the friendly new owner to look after the plate until you can afford to transfer it? The car will probably just revert back to the original numberplates. All it would cost then is the transfer fee. Worth asking.

It's alright mate. Just a personal plate. I'll get over it... tbh £105 odd quid is better spent on other things, e.g. a bed (ours has broken! :shhh: :rofl: )

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9364

• Visitor
  • Visitor

a bed (ours has broken! :shhh: :rofl: )

:awwyeah: :lol:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9366

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It's so difficult to get handcuff friendly bedroom furniture nowadays isn't it? ;)

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9367

Kara might it be worth beg/steal/borrowing the £105 to keep the plate and then if you never plan on having another MG, selling it on privately to recoup the money and also add a bit of profit rather than losing it entirey now for nothing :dunno:

You are right though, DVLA are thieving ******** :frown:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT