Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9368

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Kara might it be worth beg/steal/borrowing the £105 to keep the plate and then if you never plan on having another MG, selling it on privately to recoup the money and also add a bit of profit rather than losing it entirey now for nothing :dunno:

You are right though, DVLA are thieving ******** :frown:

Aww I wish I could mate but my family has been so unbelievably supportive already. Dad's giving me a grand to help with letting agent fees/moving costs and my mum's buying me loads of work clothes as I don't have any workwear. So I couldn't possibly ask them for anymore. I just have to suck it up and when I'm earning more money I'll buy another one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9369

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Kara, couldnt you get the £105 from the sale of your car. Do you have a price in your head and if it makes more than that you get the plates transfered and if not you loose them.

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9371

I know some people will think £105 isn't much, but when you are watching your pennies it is! I'm having the same issues this end, too much going on and lost wages due to the wifes car crash means we are forever playing catch-up. It doesn't help with the 'F' needing nearly £300 to sort it out.

You have my sympathies!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9380

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Hi Kara, couldnt you get the £105 from the sale of your car. Do you have a price in your head and if it makes more than that you get the plates transfered and if not you loose them.

Hi Mike! It's a good suggestion but I'm not selling her, I'm trading her in for the ZS so not actually parting with any money (which is the only reason I can afford to do it! :lol: ). Damage is done now though... Steve dropped off the ZS this morning and it is looking good!!!! :awwyeah:

I know some people will think £105 isn't much, but when you are watching your pennies it is! I'm having the same issues this end, too much going on and lost wages due to the wifes car crash means we are forever playing catch-up. It doesn't help with the 'F' needing nearly £300 to sort it out.

You have my sympathies!

nail...head...hit! :lol:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9391

Teres nothing worse than haveing to loose things luke this due to pennies especially when u know sunnier financial times lie ahead... All I can say is I can sympathis .... And look at it this way new plate for a new project! :p xx zx
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9394

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Aww s'ok mate I've had a couple of drinks now so it's all good. :woo2: :beer:

It's alright mate. Just a personal plate. I'll get over it... tbh £105 odd quid is better spent on other things, e.g. a bed (ours has broken! :shhh: :rofl: )

Kara

if you find out what I need to do to, keep the plate for you let me know.

Steve

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9416

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Kara

if you find out what I need to do to, keep the plate for you let me know.

Steve

That's kind of you Steve but I've just had a look at what you need to do and it looks like a hell of a lot of hassle: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_4022575 plus with money the way it is I wouldn't be able to pay you back for at least 2 or 3 months so it really wouldn't be fair. Did you see the new pics of Stevie? Doesn't she look awesome mate? :woo2:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9417

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
AWW Kara, this all really sucks (not the new car obviously!!)
I hate having to part with cash when I feel it's just a rip off, how can they justify £80 to press a couple of buttons on a computer anyway??

Another reason to stick with MY type of personalised plates...well no one else has the same number so they're personal to me!

Big hugs :grouphug:

Maggy x

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Rant time... 14 years 3 months ago #9418

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

AWW Kara, this all really sucks (not the new car obviously!!)
I hate having to part with cash when I feel it's just a rip off, how can they justify £80 to press a couple of buttons on a computer anyway??

Another reason to stick with MY type of personalised plates...well no one else has the same number so they're personal to me!

Big hugs :grouphug:

Maggy x

See that's my point exactly! £80 for filing some paperwork or something? Just feels like I'm being ripped off! :mad:

LMAO at "your" personalized plate! Never looked at it like that before but I certainly do now! I think I'll stick with your version - it certainly costs less! :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT