Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160948

Hi

I have been informed that the rear top shock absorber bust need's replacing, has any one done this? if so just how hard is it to do, I am not to bad with the spanners as I have been working on my cars for some time,

Thanking you for any help that you can offer.

I have had a look in the how to but cannot see any write up's

Fred
If God rides a Harley then the Devil rides a Ducati

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160950

First question:- F or TF?
David
:shrug:

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160952

Hi

Sorry it is a TF 160vvc 2002.

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160955

There are 2 bushes at the top of each shock. You need to disconnect the lower shock mount and undo the top shock mount. Remove the shock, replace the bush that sits under the subframe turret and reinstall replacing the top bush as you go. Problems to watch out for? The nut on the shock will be tight and you need to use an Allen key to stop the whole thing turn as you try to remove the nut. The difficulty here is that the socket for the Allen key on the top of the shock sometimes breaks! I had to cut mine off and replace the shock when that happened!

It's more common for the bottom bush on the shock to wear out. That can be polybushed. Might be worth doing at the same time.

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160957

Hi, I had to remove the ECU for the nearside one and the release the coolant filler and push to one side for the offside.

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160959

Thank you gentlemen, so I need to order four bushes, also it looks as if I had better use a lot of plus gas, so I will give it a look in the week.

Rear Top Shock Absorber Bush 8 years 9 months ago #160961

I've got four spare new rubber bushes you can have for nothing, Fred...I ordered them before deciding to go poly on my LE500..actually got eight of them if you are thinking of doing the fronts as well..

......./David
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT