Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160678

Im sorry to say that due to lack of interest the event has been cancelled. I have emailed every MG owners club in the devon, cornwall and somerset areas and nobody has come back to me at all :rant: . Therefore i cannot ask my employer to allow me to have the day off and hand the pub over etc just for a handfull of people and cars. Those who have kept the day free may be interested to know that there is a classic car show at Powderham castle the same day which is about a 30/40 min drive from the pub should you wish to attend.

Im sorry to have to cancel but im sure you can understand my points on this.

Thomas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160679

Sorry to hear this Thomas, it can be hard to get an event going, especially mid summer when there are so many other events around.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160680

Sorry that you had so little response for your efforts, Thomas. I would have come for a few hours but had a prior engagement that day.
Trying to organise an event can be very frustrating :yesnod:
In hindsight, I think you would have had more interest by using F/TF forums to advertise the event. MG owners clubs run their own events & F/TF's are in the minority there.
If you are still interested, start by doing a small meet for F/TF''s, with a run around your area probably with.lunch at your pub at the end.
Hopefully, this will bring together F/TF owners in the SW, who want to drive their cars & meet other people with similar interests.
Let's face it, events are thin on the ground & need supporting.
I will be putting up an event soon in the W/Mids area & hope I get a better response ;)

Re:Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160688

Sorry to here this, I was gonna pop along for a bit, even if it was In a micra (cars getting rebuilt). Would love to do some runs and meets when its back on the road!

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160689

Yes it is a shame but as much as I wuld loce to have come it's just not possible due to distance, finance and aranging cover for the caring role. This is why I cannot do half the things that i would love to.

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160696

Im happy in the knowledge that i tired my best. I advertised everywhere i could and sent out numerous emails. The only people to have confirmed was you guys and i appreciate that. Problem is my boss was asking about it and when i said the only confirmed number is 8 his face was a picture. i think we were hoping for a good number of cars to come along but without any of the clubs letting me know if they are coming or not its difficult for us. Im the only chef here now and as a number of members of staff have left recently due to going to university and just generally moving on its pretty much just a handfull of us trying to run the place. Maybe next year we will try again...

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160698

Yes,I'm afraid it is difficult to get people to commit to events, these days. I wanted to come myself but it is difficult for me now, being on my own with Rottweilers to look after whilst I'm away!
in consequence I haven't even been to a Border Patrol run for much too long :bang:

Here in the North of England Clive (CJJ) created the Border Patrol group to organise runs etc. It now has very well attended runs/meets because word got around about how much fun people were having.

If you start off small in your area, with maybe just an informal get together at the pub, you might find that a few more people come along. And if you end up as Billy No-mates, well you tried. ;)

Once you have a core group of keen local people it does tend to snowball. Especially if people hear of good times at the meets.

We have tried unsuccessfully a few times to spread the Border Patrol pattern to other areas but it does need that small core group of people willing to organise things to push it along.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160703

Sorry to hear the news....I even washed my "F" on Sunday and put it in the garage, (I have a works van during the week)
Lets hope there will be a better turnout next time.

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160760

What a shame, I hadn't seen this anywhere and would have loved to come as it's the only Saturday I am avaiilable until the end of September due to managing our holiday flats in Looe during the school holidays.

Was it promoted on other forums such as facebook, MGRover.org or MGF Register Devon and Corwall/SW pages?

Mg Meet event, devon 11th july 2015 Cancelled! 8 years 9 months ago #160761

Hi, I am nowhere near, but for those who are why not have a small meet at the castle classic car show. Two birds an all that.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT