Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157797

Morning, just took the F out, as the sun is shining, but have noticed the last few times that, especially when cold, the clutch is very light (not that it was particularly heavy before) and it kind of springs back half way through the pedal travel back.. very hard, sometimes impossible to get the car in various gears, unless you then pump the clutch a bit and even then still hard..

opinions/diagnoses please :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157799

Sounds like the hydraulics, I suggest check the fluid level then try and bleed the system
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157800

Seizing clutch arm??

What mileage has it done??

When your driving along, slowly press the pedal and see where the biting point is, that may give an indication into wear.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157801

about 85k

biting point hasnt moved..

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157803

Change fluid and lubricate the clutch release arm as it sounds like it's sticking.

Just had to do this to teh 75th model am working on. The previous driver just kept stamping on the pedal and managed to blow the slave seals so fitted the good slave off the donor and bled the system until all the olf black crappy fluid was pushed through and nice clean clear fuild flowed. Freed the release arm by spraying Plusgas releasing fluid on it over a few days then moved the arm with a large cresent wrench and once moved then worked it back and forth. Appliedmore plusgas and allowed to soak in. Did this afew days then once could move it by hand with no wrench applied spray grease. Then fitted the slave and bled.

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157887

Well its official.. the clutch is gone. i cant get her into gear at all.

hoping its a fluid/pressure or even master/slave cylinder issue, because when she did work there was no slippage, so the clutch itself seemed fine..

fingers crossed, mechanic ex hubby coming tonight to have a look..

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157890

Mines on the way out but in a different way .

the clutch bite on mine has been slowly raising and its now almost at the very top of the pedal ... I havnt got gear selection or slipping issues yet but its only a mater of time before it does

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157891

Must be clutch season, mines been slipping for a while now, I've parked up the car now, time to do the clutch, n give the car a feed of poly bushes and my experimental rechargeable hydragas spheres, while I've got it all in bits.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157898

Ok good news and bad news.

Clutch itself is fine, but the slave cylinder is leaking, so it was practically empty. Bled and topped up so its working again, just need a replacement..

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157901

You can get a slave seal kit for less than a tenner on ebay if thats any good ??

Not sure of the price a new unit though

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157904

Ah, got a link?

Clutch Going? 9 years 1 month ago #157906

Robin ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT