Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

bearing / wheel noise or what ? 9 years 1 month ago #157422

hi guys

noise from rear I think

when driving along this noise which sounds like a driveshaft outa balance or something its hard to describe.
noise comes obvious around 50 mph and increases 60s-70s
up to 50mph quiet as a mouse, car doesn't vibrate , shudder , wander , pull to either side when braking.
bearings or tyres ? if it was tyres or bearings would the noise be there constant ?
just pulled it out of garage to get ready for spring :( bummer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

bearing / wheel noise or what ? 9 years 1 month ago #157423

Sorry, can't offer much help I.m afraid but I've just started driving mine again after a period of about 4 weeks relative inactivity and I have a grinding noise and shudder when I apply the brakes above about 40mph. I thought it was probably rust on the discs but I can now see that the rear o/s disc is not cleaning so I suspect my caliper is not working properly. Could it be something similar with you???
Robin ;)

bearing / wheel noise or what ? 9 years 1 month ago #157428

been out checked for wheel movement on all 4, checked the disks at first had a jerky braking syndrome but cleared after some use ,disks nice n shiny
after checking tyres realised there are 2 federals front 1 federal and 1 maxxis on the rear . now when I bought it all the treads are in good condition but didn't bother checking makes. what's bugging me now is I can't find the date on the tyres anywhere ?????? now does this mean tyres are out of date or suspect . could the mix of tyres be causing unbalancing noise

bearing / wheel noise or what ? 9 years 1 month ago #157463

What type of noise? From your initial description it could be just a rear wheel needs re balanced.
David
:shrug:

bearing / wheel noise or what ? 9 years 1 month ago #157475

hi dave

decided to bite bullet n put it in for check on rear end.....same garage that did my hg.......techies r brill......lad told me rear tyres r on limit.........so change em (toyos)
balance them n see what its like.......gotta wait for toyos (16 inch) so going to follow their advice for the moment.......cheers

Last edit: Post by pharoah mgf.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT