Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tf door cards flimsy 9 years 8 months ago #149086

The door pull pockets on my tfs door cards feel loose, also the covering around the pocket on the door card is coming away. Is there any way of fixing this? I've had the door panel off and the handle is screwed to a plastic bracket which easily bends

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tf door cards flimsy 9 years 8 months ago #149133

The door pull should feel reasonably solid, so I suspect the card/pull isn't fitted correctly. Are there two screws in the pull itself? Two in the edge? One at the mirror corner? Is the card hooked over the window aperture properly? Are the bottom plastic trim fixings in place?

When you refit the card, the last thing is to fit the door pull. It should be quite hard to manoeuvre the pull pocket into place.

Regarding the material, it can be stuck back down with carpet glue or at worst you could recover the entire section.

HTH
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rooky1

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Tf door cards flimsy 9 years 8 months ago #149223

Thanks David, all the screws are fitted and the door pull is correctly in place, after much investigating I have found that it's the plastic bracket that the pull screws into that is flexing. Has anyone made any from metal do you know?0

Tf door cards flimsy 9 years 8 months ago #149225

Not that I know of, but I don't see why not. Have a go :broon: and take pics so we can all see! ;)
David
:shrug:

Tf door cards flimsy 9 years 8 months ago #149255

I might just do that, see how much time I can get hold of so stay tuned.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT