Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

DAB head unit/aerial. 9 years 9 months ago #148351

Hi Guys, I've just bought a Philips car stereo with free DAB radio adaptor from Halfords. I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the best type and location for the aerial. I need to buy one, so any help would be most helpful. :broon:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DAB head unit/aerial. 9 years 9 months ago #148352

There are printed DAB+ aerials that just stick to the windscreen, these are really only for urban areas as they are very comprimised by their design.

For DAB+ signal, I have a purpose made 3db gain fiberglass whip antenna on a spring base swivel mount fitted to my MGF. It's mounted on the right hand side rear, opposite the AM/FM antenna.
This set up provides me with excellent DAB+ reception in fringe reception areas.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wizzywogga

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

DAB head unit/aerial. 9 years 9 months ago #148356

In my ZS I use the O/E set up with the longer Rover 45 whip and a splitter.

The same whip fits the F.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

DAB head unit/aerial. 9 years 9 months ago #148360

Thanks for your replies guys. At present I don't get brilliant reception with my current set up. The head unit has issues but I don't think that the short stubby silver aerial helps. I'll fit the head unit first and take it from there. A longer aerial with a splitter sounds good to me! (No pun intended!) :tada:

DAB head unit/aerial. 9 years 9 months ago #148363

I had one fitted by a professional a few weeks ago - he used a splitter to my existing aerial, saves running new wires and apparently my aerial was perfectly acceptable (I believe the original one for a 53 TF)

Philip

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT