Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140890

A very nice lady has taken the front bumper off The Rooster in a car park :( and drove off :bang:
Still it needed respaying got to do it now as I'm doing that may as well cut the rust out of the sill and wheel arch is looks a sorry state at the moment

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140891

Did you get her number?
Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140896

If you can get her details (from CCTV for example) she will be prosecuted as it is an offense to leave the scene of an accident.

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140898

No chap came into the Doctors and told me my car had just been hit I came out and saw her driving away with a big red dent in the drivers door but could not get the reg number and he thought she had stopped to report it. No CCTV in my doctors car park. I did report it to the police what good that did

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140910

The police are not interested there is no money in it for them
Work to live don't live to work.

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140912

too true

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140923

Any chance the doctors receptionist might be feeling helpful with the appointments book? I guess they won't / can't give the details to you, but maybe if you kick up enough of a fuss over it being an offence, and to pass details to the police.... Granted, you've got two layers of apathy to break through plus the chance she'd just parked there to go to the cash machine, but it'd be worth it to see the look on her face when you turn up with the repair bill for her.

Had to send my first TF to the breakers after someone bent the rear quarter under cover of darkness, so I know how annoying it is

Damage 10 years 1 month ago #140947

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I had this happen to me in a school carpark. Lots of witnesses and on CCTV. The school would not let me use their CCTV footage as it had some of the kids on it.

The police didnt want to know as it wasnt on the public highway and car park accidents are not classed as a road traffic accident apparantly in Barnsley.

So I said to PC Plod. Thats fine then so If someone kills someone in a carpark with a car its not an accident? Some funny looks by receptionist and I had to exit the building as I was fuming.

I had to claim on my own insurance or do a private repair.

£250 quid lighter and the car was fixed....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT