Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194205

After many Years, it was about time to enhance our F with a new salon. Fully replaced with new leathers for Seats, sides and gear/handbrake gators.
Goodbye to old orange and welcome Black/Sun combination.
(Really happy with the outcome and with the competency of the repairer!!!!!)

Your new seats look amazing! I'd love some of this sorcery; probably a long shot, because it looks like you're on the continent, and I'm in the UK – who is the repairer?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194207

After many Years, it was about time to enhance our F with a new salon. Fully replaced with new leathers for Seats, sides and gear/handbrake gators.
Goodbye to old orange and welcome Black/Sun combination.
(Really happy with the outcome and with the competency of the repairer!!!!!)

Your new seats look amazing! I'd love some of this sorcery; probably a long shot, because it looks like you're on the continent, and I'm in the UK – who is the repairer?

Actually I am based in Greece so I believe it is a little bit far for you!!!!!!! ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194210

Actually I am based in Greece so I believe it is a little bit far for you!!!!!!! ;)

Just a little :lol: Unless you are based on Crete, where I go at least once a year...

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194212

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

Just a little :lol: Unless you are based on Crete, where I go at least once a year...

Just one day before Greece was put on Ireland's red list I checked for a trip to Crete... :bang:
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194213

Just one day before Greece was put on Ireland's red list I checked for a trip to Crete... :bang:

Bad luck Berti, though when things do not happen sometimes are for a good reason. It is better to visit Crete when all this mess will end as you will be able see too many things, experience, taste......!!!!

So do not give up and wait to re schedule it!!!!!!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 6 months ago #194228

Fitted front ball joints. Easy job.

Just ensure that the socket you use has been ground/turned to the socket faces. Many socket have a radius before the socket faces, and as the MG Ball joints have quite a thin hex on the joint, damage to the joints hex before it is removed may give you a problem.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 3 months ago #194849

Started changing my wheel bearings, started with the offside rear which I had an advisory on at the MOT. Surprised at how much play there was as it was only an advisory. Not helped by the fact that the hub nut wasn't much more than hand tight.

I'm also fitting the uprated shock absorber bolts as the MOT tester commented on the slight play in them. The uprated bolts are 1.35mm larger in diameter and are a snug fit I the bush.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 2 months ago #194911

The catalytic convertor needed changing. when i took the old one off i could see right through. no wonder it failed the emissions :uwp:

Last edit: Post by Postman87.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 2 months ago #194924

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Robin ;)

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 1 month ago #195108

Stripped the interior due to numerous leaks. Rubbed then primed the metal panel behind seats and generally treated rust. Changed the passenger side mirror and cheater. Lots to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by mrtsbrother.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 2 weeks ago #195306

Replaced all engine coolant and radiator pipes (rubber/PRT/metal). Now ready for summer!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 2 years 10 months ago #195824

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Refurbing the front brakes.  Had a helluva job getting the pins out! I don't want to go through that again! Replaced the originals with Mike Satur uprated pins.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT