Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139880

I changed the flexi exhaust inc down pipe on my mgtf, went great apart from the bastard Lambda, my god I got it but it was the hardest bit of work Iv done for a long time... Install went fine, replaced the lambda is removed and now it's coughing and struggling when idling, also there seems to be a concerning amount of smoke from the new exhaust, in panicking and just switching the engine off... I'm hoping this could just be the bolt release smoking off, I did have to use a fair bit.... Ps battery was disconnect when all work was done... I'm guessing just replace the lambda as all was working fine yesterday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139884

Which model do you have?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139889

Mg tf 135 1.8 53 plate, mk 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139897

Release fluid can damage the sensor. :dry:
David
:shrug:

Re:Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139907

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I've swapped both lambdas before and had no issue. As david says wd40 or similar cab damage the lambdas also exhaust putty can do as well.

Ive heard that the ultra cheapos can fail more than the expensive ones but I put in two £30 ones and was OK.

If possible get your car read by a code reader. The cheap ones on eBay will do.

Mine was faffing about for the best part of three week with an unknown fault. No dash light etc. Put the code reader on and needed some plugs& a coil pack.

All was well after that.

I'd try doing the TPS reset thing for nktbibg to see if that settles things down. If not.

Ring the Walsh he will resolve the problem in a flash.

Re:Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139917

Who is the Walsh??!! I'm new to this forum..... Well as all was fine yesterday and today is not I came to the conclusion that it could only be the sensor.... As I had replaced the exhaust. As you said went out and bought myself a cheap one, (I only have one sensor) £35 and jobs a good 'un, took a fire extinguisher with as I drove off for the first time due to the concern of all of that smoke being burned off from the oil release!!!! Couldn't see the steering wheel. Poor car has been neglected, not a thing done to it by the previous owner, it's been my little project and I had no idea until today what it is like, I have an impreza wrx also and you know what, it's just as fun, it's a little rocket..... Next up will be the cooling pipes I think, they are on the last legs and if any one can help a recommendation to sort the hard drive out.... Suspension.....

Much appreciated people.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Exhaust Lambda possible issues?? 10 years 2 months ago #139924

Ben's referring to the mighty Russell Walsh. Owner of MGRover Solutions.
A font of knowledge, mechanic of epic status and general good bloke. :yesnod:
MGRoversolutions sponsor this forum, but most importantly Russell travels the country with his van of tools and parts and brings MGs back to life.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT