Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138428

Have all mgfs got two horns ?. Neither of mine work found out today when I pushed and nothing except a clunk which sounds like a relay trying to kick in , fuse looks good , assume only one fuse I've checked one under bonnet it's all good, alarm sounds horns as I set it off so guess it's a problem between push button on steering wheel and horn. I suppose horn circuit is live and pushing button earths it ... Mechanics I'm Good at electrics not so good any ideas . Greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138430

The two horns are; one high and one low tone. One of mine didn't work but the connection was ok. Sometimes they just cease to work. :nonod:

Handy if you know someone with a neighbouring F or TF so you can try theirs on yours before you buy replacements. :yesnod:

Where in the world are you with that Greek name of yours? :)

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138437

Thanks for reply I've got a wiring diagram so going to check it out today. I'm in the country of essex .... Not far from basvegas . Dad was Greek british born mum irish so I guess Im pleased they didn't take a double barrel name or it would of read constantinides- delmege try fiting that on a football shirt :omg:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138438

Start by connecting the horns directly to earth. If that doesn't work then connect I direct live to them and try the steering wheel buttons.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138439

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Seen these on ebay

[IMG]ht[/img]

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138440

try fiting that on a football shirt :omg:

:lol: So, you're an Essex boy then. :lol: Let us know how you get on today. Good luck.

Nice ebay find Davem. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantinides

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138441

The horn wiring is in the same ribbon as the SRS signal to the safety bag, in the rotating coupler behind the steering wheel. As the horns sound with the alarm, it's definitely the wiring between the buttons and the horns. Anything else not working? Could be a fuse, sometimes circuits are fed from fuses you don't expect.
David
:shrug:

Horn 10 years 2 months ago #138458

All sorted it's the was ECU fuse or at least that's what it says on fuse holder. I Followed circuits as in attached diagram out of curiosity found what steering coupler parts play in circuit what purple and black wire is for and black earth wire , putting steering column back together reconnecting battery and getting it all working again was fun ... My advice is if horn doesn't work get one of these squeezey types .

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: insert photos
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT