Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136919

Evening all,

I posted up on here about getting head gasket repaired and all of you told me to call Russell at MG Rover solutions. I also have a mate called Brian the c@@t who also gave me Russell's number. Well I called Russell at beginning of December and he said he could get to me on New Years Eve and carry out the repair.

I later found that Russell could also replace my water pump/ cam-belt and thermostat for not much more money and asked him to do so. Anyway Russell turned up on time at 09.00 to my home in Twickenham. It was a lousy day but this did not deter Russell. After a few hours and a few coffees Russell had carried out the head gasket replacement. He did not replace anything else as he did not feel they needed replacing(how refreshing).

I was very happy with Russell and his workmanship. On top of that he is a really nice bloke. I will therefore be recommending Russell to anyone who should be in need of MG repairs.

Just to add........later that night whilst I was out seeing in the New Year some little arse wipe decided to break into my car :rant: . They stole nothing...not even the face off stereo that I had left in there!

I am now on the look out for the locking mechanism that fits inside the glove box as the arse wipe screw drivered it open and broke the lock and Moss Europe do not stock them. If anyone can help please let me know....I am not expecting a freebie :whistle: .

Cheers

Ty
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136924

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Bad luck about the break in. Thumbs up for using Russell he does what ya want at a fair price and doesn't rip off. A nice genuine man with no hidden agendas ;)

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Re:Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136929

Anyone know what sort of area Russell covers ? or of any reputable mobile mech's covering West Somerset.

Re:Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136932

Good news on Russell, bad news on the break-in, it is possible to take a lock from a car in the scrappy and adapt it to work with you key.

Anyone know what sort of area Russell covers ? or of any reputable mobile mech's covering West Somerset.

Try MJS or Russell, both will travel.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136935

Mg-Rover mechanics [Dave & Keighly] have a mechanic [Alan] who lives in Somerset.

Head gasket repair 10 years 4 months ago #136938

Glad Russell got you sorted - weather doesn't deter him as he has that little tent thing to go over the back of the car - I want one of those!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT