Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF'04 SCU replacement - Help/Advice needed 10 years 5 months ago #133731

Hello again everyone, I've been away for some time, fortunately not at Her Majesty's pleasure, just busy having set up my own business and running the length of the country in my trusty stead, the TF doing a fantastic job, up until now that is.

after around 20K miles this year she is having a bit of a strop.

My local MG garage (recommended in the MGOC handbook) has diagnosed the issues of the headlamps not immediately coming on, the drivers window not working (motor proved to be fine, switch fine, wiring and fuse all fine) to be something he calls a Body control unit, which controls all these circuit plus the immobiliser, and alarm among other things. I think MG refer to this as the SCU.

So I am on the look out for such a device from a breakers a the moment.

Trouble is i know it is not a straight swap, I will need a T5 to ave it programmed to my actual car and ECU, so does any one have:
a) advice on how to - I have checked on here and cannot find a How to, or a thread
b) now anyone in the Northampshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire area who can program it or
c) know which tools/reader/programmer I need to buy. I have seen David's how to for his Mems3 and MY2000 cars, but mine is a TF and 04.

Many thanks
Gary

:help: :help:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG TF'04 SCU replacement - Help/Advice needed 10 years 5 months ago #133736

Gary,
The advice for the Mems3 readers etc stands good for your car too.
My advice would be to contact Paul (technozen on .org) he is a whizz on these electronic units and can strip them down and replace parts as required. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT