Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133400

Anyone seen these recall notices for TFs?

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/car-recall.aspx#P_MG%20TF

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133401

They should have contacted all buyers(from dealerships anyhow)I believe?

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133402

Only if they can trace the current owners.....I'm sure not everyone gets the notice...free subscription to that website ensures that you get all recall notices....
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133408

Cool - i might sign up just for the fun of it to see wats going on! :woowoo:

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133409

MG contact owners via the DVLA as well as the dealerships, and if the vehicle has been exported then MG ask the clubs to assist to find out where the cars may have gone which happened in the case of 4 or 5 post 2008 TFs that were exported but traced via the MGCC MGF Register.

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133411

It's reassuring that the customer service in recalls is good. Thanks for the info.

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133412

I'm sure they do their best...but I doubt they are as motivated as the owners to ensure all recalls have been applied..I'd rather be able to confirm myself..especially as my LE is unlikely to see the inside of a main dealer ever...
- Frank Zappa

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133415

I took my LE500 in after receiving a letter from MG to get the suspension looked at, the dealership (in uxbridge) couldnt give me a specific reason as to why the suspension had to be inspected. And now ever since the work has been done i have been left with squeeky suspension! Cant say im too happy about it as living in london im up and over speed bumps most of the journey and hear the sqeak everytime. Not sure what to do or how to sort it out :-?

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133419

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
just wondering if such a recall is global and how to react in case - we don't have MG dealers in Eire...

:-?
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133420

I would assume it's global. You may need to go to the north. Saltmarine is a dealer in Dungannon

MGTF recall 10 years 5 months ago #133446

I took my LE500 in after receiving a letter from MG to get the suspension looked at, the dealership (in uxbridge) couldnt give me a specific reason as to why the suspension had to be inspected. And now ever since the work has been done i have been left with squeeky suspension! Cant say im too happy about it as living in london im up and over speed bumps most of the journey and hear the sqeak everytime. Not sure what to do or how to sort it out :-?

Ever since I put the rear subframe back after shot blasting, painting and renewing various components it developed a squeak which got progressively louder and drove me nuts.

Over a weekend I systematically removed and checked each individual moving/pivoting suspension part, lubricated under all the rubber boots to no avail. It was only when I was re-checking I noticed the the squeak was slightly louder when the boot lid was open.

I found the noise was coming from the top of the suspension towers where the top shocker mounts with the rubber bushes.

I removed the rear suspension struts and the only thing I thought it could be was the 4 top shock absorber rubber bushes, they looked OK but I replaced them with pollys from Rimmers "part No.: RNF100090LPOLY" and voila; absolute smooth silence.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT