Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129404

• Ozzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
am I right in thinking that as well as the MEMS3 being re-mapable, the CVT gearbox is also remapable?
im sure I read someone doing custom gear ratios in manual mode and speeding up the changes...

thanks
Oz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129410

I believe Quicksilver was the bloke who did the steppy mods, but he hasn't been on the forum for a long time.
David
:shrug:

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129414

I spoke to Mark a while ago.. He won't do them..

I started messing with upping the power in my CVT and it shredded the belt..

Leave alone would be my advice..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Last edit: Post by Diesel Destroyer.

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129415

Edit.. Just saw it was you.. Lol

Your gearbox has been 'tweeted' hasnt it to handle the bigger power?
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129452

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Hehe :) wake up Alan !

No still stock box. Remember I only have a stock engine now (std. Valves & cams anyway)...

I honestly think ths engine is better than my old DVA engine on an emerald, with 633 cams and adjustable pulleys! It definitely has more torque, must be about 140bhp maybe 150....

It's finished now though, so won't go any more than that. Hence want to tweak the gear box for the final spec engine. It's fantastic! Just need to sort the 1000-2500rpm range, tweak the ignition map, and sort the gearbox and the car is "done"... Can get on with the v8 into the lotus then! ;)

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129472

Hi Ozzy,

Don’t have the info for the F but the ZF CVT when fitted to the TF; the engine power is reduced from the 134bhp down to 120bhp. Originally I thought it was done quite simply by reducing the max RPM as the 134bhp max is 6,800rpm and 6,000rpm on the Stepspeed; but looking at the torque curve across both variants they both produce 165nm of torque but the 134 is at 6,750rpm and the steppy is at 5,500 so they must have different fuel mapping also.

Not sure what max BHP the box is designed for; but hopefully with your new power plant it will take it.

However with your engine mods and re-map you will have more BHP and this will also produce a different power curve plus maybe you even have higher engine RPM.

This may not match the shifting moment parameters for the gearbox ECU, it would be good to try and get it reprogrammed or find another eeprom with a closer match to your engine torque curve without bursting the steel belt.

Brian.

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129479

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Thanks Brian

my understanding was that the box will handle about 140-150lb/ft before belts start going TWANG...

my target was to get to about 135-140lb/ft at 5500rpm with the rebuild...

the engine was built by the engine builder with the auto box in mind and for better torque across the rev-range, and specifically at 2200rpm and 5500rpm...

as I mentioned its all standard parts, valves, cams, pistons, but all brand new, and the porting was done very specifically for the target engine speeds and power/torque required.

remapping Mems3 and the CVT gearbox 10 years 7 months ago #129593

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
a little something for a Friday:

my King-K engine, with TT Exhaust...

Last edit: Post by Ozzy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds