Sign In   Register

Topic

Towing... 10 years 7 months ago #128604

• Ozzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Jumping about a bit here but I'm pretty sure mgf bus devil is right you are not allowed to tow with a rope anymore must be a solid bar. To be fair I can see why I bet there has been a few poor buggers rear ended from towing with a rope! :slapme:

Also keen to find out what the specific start procedure is?

disconnect injectors, and plugs, crank untill oil pressure good (1-3 minutes), reconnect injectors and plugs, start engine and keep over 2000rpm and under 4000rpm, but under constant load for first 2-3 miles, then up to 5000rpm and back down to 2000rpm constantly alternating all the time between upper and lower limits, drive for 5-10 miles total, longer is better....

this beds the rings, then immediately do an oil change and engine is bedded and ready to go :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Towing... 10 years 7 months ago #128639

Thanks Ozzy good luck for the first run and MOT hope all goes well.
Thanks

Alan

Re:Towing... 10 years 7 months ago #128654

Yes same here Ozzy, best if luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Towing... 10 years 7 months ago #128656

thanks guys...

its is an auto, so will tow it the 4 miles i need to go very slowly via a rope...

dont see any issue with this if the cars in N, and think its ok as i was towed out of the hindhead tunnel by the police last week when the elise ran out of fuel just near the exit of the tunnel!!! DOH! :bang:

cant drive it initially as the engine is brand new, and needs a special first start proceedure that requires national speed limit road, so will tow to there, then drive it direct to the MOT center it is booked into on friday. shouldnt be any issues with that...
car is fully insured.

cheers
Oz

Don't forget that you won't have any brake servo without the engine running so the pedal will be very heavy. I suppose the PAS will work though with the ignition on to allow the steering to turn as it is EPAS? Anyway, best of luck with it and it's interesting to read your bedding-in procedure.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Towing... 10 years 7 months ago #128705

Steering without EPAS isn't a problem unless you have the arms of a T-Rex.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT