Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Oil 10 years 10 months ago #121168

right magnetec purchased along with engine flush and new sump plug so now for lunch and watch the moto gp then time to get stuck in :woohoo: :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oil 10 years 10 months ago #121172

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
And filter as well I hope?

For what it's worth, I jack and prop the car and remove the offside rear wheel: improves access to the filter if you're an old coffin- dodger like moi.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Oil 10 years 10 months ago #121180

Yeah bought new filter yesterday at silverstone john as luck would have it my mate who's giving me a hand works for ats so got use off there ramps :woohoo:

Oil 10 years 10 months ago #121192

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I have magnetic sump plugs fitted to the TF160 in the sump and the gearbox.

The gearbox has a built in magnet anyway to catch the iron fillings, but an extra one never hurts. Last time I did an oil change there were very fine bits of metal stuck to the sump plug. Not enough to worry about, but they are not in their now. ;)

These are the ones I fitted:

and this was the sump one on the last oil change:

This is the one. http://shop.motorsport-developments.co.uk/m14-x-15-magnetic-oil-sump-drain-plug-343-p.asp

Last edit: Post by cjj.

Oil 10 years 10 months ago #121194

The only time I use engine flush is if I buy a car that has very dirty oil. I tend to not leave oil in long enough to reach the black stage so there is really no need for flushing.
With K-Series engines the coolant introduced into the oil during HGFs generally washes deposits out anyway. :coat:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT