Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

T300 and fault codes 11 years 5 days ago #118290

I picked up a T300+ programmer OBD-II reader a month or so ago complete with modified lead switchable for MEMS and 5AS. I believe it has the most recent software. Initially I tried choosing Rover then MG TF but it just reported a comms error. I found by selecting Rover then MG F it worked. I managed to extract my EKA code which was the original idea for getting the T300. I thought I would have a look for fault codes next although I have no warning lights on. At first I hadnt a clue what MEMS version to choose but with trial an error found MEMS 3 worked though the version ID was just a load of gibberish. Would a 2003 TF 115 have a MEMS 3 unit installed? When I read the fault codes it reported three. Two historic and one current. The historic ones were 0500 and 0170 and the current one is 0655. I tried clearing the codes and it's left it with one fault code reported as a historic 0500. 0655 is shown as Engine Hot Lamp Output Control Circuit Malfunction in a thread on .org. 0500 is Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction and 0170 is Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1). I am still not sure I have the correct MEMS chosen on the T300. Also what the implication of the historic 0500 not clearing means. The 0655 fault that has cleared is a bit worrying too.

If anyone has any experience with this device and the fault codes would appreciate any advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

T300 and fault codes 11 years 5 days ago #118293

All our cars from MGF mk2(some small no of mk2s don't) have mems3, so all Tfs definitely run mems 3. :yesnod:

The fault codes could be as simple as speed sensor - fault from extended engine running without moving(eg MOT)
The engine overheat could be engine fan not cutting in. 0170 always shows up and can usually be ignored.

As long as the engine management light wasn't on, don't be concerned.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wrongway

T300 and fault codes 11 years 5 days ago #118296

Thank's David that's very reassuring :)
Not seen it over heat at all yet but something I definitely have to look out for. Both coolant temperature gauge and oil temp seem to always be at the same point on a run. I will probably have to tick over on a warm day (if we see another this year) and watch for the fan kicking in. Is there only one fan?

I have dug out a bluetooth OBD reader and run Torque on a Nexus and no fault codes logged on that though that will probably only report current ones which I cleared with he T300.

Last edit: Post by Wrongway.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT