Sign In   Register

Topic

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118123

Well here we go, awaiting your honest opinions on these as I am not sure! :-?
I purchased these alloys from a local scrapyard for a £10 each, minimal kerb damage and no scratches, so I was quite pleased.
I spent a day and half cleaning all the old crap n brake dust off before taking the trusty old drill with wire brush to them to remove as much of the damage and crap off. before taking some wet n dry to smooth off all the kerb damage and rough up the old paint ready for primer coat.
When it came to spraying the wheels I went nice n steady leaving 10 mins between each coat all the way through the primer stage to the laquer stage.
Once the last laquer coat had drid I put the wheels out on the top of my shed as the sun has been glorious here to make sure they had dried completely before using a rubbing compound to "smooth" off.
I am fairly pleased with the finish, just not sure on the colour for the car!??
Total cost for the refurb was £54:00!! Not bad I thought.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, KentJohn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: clicked insert on photos

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118127

Very nice TC.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TruckerClarky

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118136

Well done Dave ,when I close my eyes the look superb :nose:

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118138

You have done a good job there, I think they will look good in the flesh.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118140

You've done a lovely job! :yesnod:
Personally I'm a bit of a traditionalist as regards wheel colour and think most body colours benefit from Silver wheels.
I'm not a big fan of dark coloured wheels. :dry:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bandit, TruckerClarky

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118141

They look pretty good, be nice to see them in the flesh as Talkingcars says
"When faced with a choice of two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried."

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118145

I didnt really want them to go that dark, that is why I am unsure on them!?? Thanks for the comments ;), yes Paul, even yours :spank:

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118157

Looks like youve done a good job. Ive just put black wheels on mine and im not 100% but they are growing on me.

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118173

imo dark or black wheels look shite but each to there own the paint job looks good :broon:

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118174

Bargain wheels and a great job. I think the car looks very distinctive. If you look at pre-war pictures of racing MGs they often had coloured wheels (including black) so you could argue that you are reviving a tradition.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118177

Thanks Nobrainer, Bandit and Blow-in,

I wanted a "different" look to the usual Silver or Black or PINK for that matter ;) that MOST folks go for when it comes to alloys ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsmgf

Last edit: Post by TruckerClarky.

Body Coloured Wheels, Not Everyones Taste I know.. 10 years 11 months ago #118193

TC - you know what "they" say - be different, and be seen! I think your wheels look great. You did a good job on the paintwork, and it will make people look twice, IMO.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT